We loved Sky Force Anniversary. It was a tight, addictive vertically-scrolling shoot ’em up that we praised for its well-designed levels and high levels of playability. The downside was a lack of variation and a reliance on grinding earlier levels but despite that we couldn’t stop playing it until we got all the trophies.
The game shows up in PSN sales fairly regularly and we tend to give it a recommendation whenever it does but what we’ve been waiting for is a sequel and that is on its way. Sky Force Reloaded is due to take to the skies on November 28th and we’ll be sure to review it but in the meantime, here’s a list of features to look forward to and a trailer video courtesy of Crunching Koalas, the game’s oddly named devs.
- Excellent gameplay accessible to players of different skill levels.
- Visually stunning 3D backgrounds and intense special effects.
- Gameplay area covering the whole screen, uncommon for vertical shmups.
- Collectable items: buff cards, assisting technicians, new aircrafts and boss trophies.
- Upgradable weapons and equipment.
- Adrenaline-packed 2 player local co-op mode.
- Weekly tournaments that take place on unique, new levels, updated every 7 days.
- High replayability with additional difficulty levels and competitive tournaments.
- Energizing soundtrack and professional voiceovers.